How to Rank Well On Google in 3 Easy Steps
Do you want to know how to rank well? Then check out this page right away, because here you’ll find a step-by-step system for ranking well!
KEY insight before we start: the most important word you’ll ever need to learn if you want to know how to rank well is… system.
Search engine optimization is a system. A machine. It has so many moving parts (all of which have even smaller moving parts), though, that must business owners and marketing departments get lost in the woods and aren’t able to tell the forest from the trees anymore.
Let’s do something about that so YOU don’t get lost in the woods of ranking well too, shall we?
For starters, you need to get it into your head that SEO (search engine optimization) is a perpetual system. It’s not a “set it and forget it” system that, once turned on, will spit out website visitors on command dude. Instead, it’s much like an airport: everything is systemized, but at the same time everything needs to be monitored to make sure nothing bad happens… no drug shipments (black hat SEO), no bombs on board (Google bans), etc.
And there are 3 steps for patrolling your airport (SEO efforts) you must know and repeatedly use if you want to learn how to rank well on Google: plan => execute => scale.
I’ll look at each of these steps in more detail below, so keep reading…
How to Rank Well Step 1: Plan to Fail if You Fail to Plan
First off: all attempts to rank well stand or fall by the amount of planning you do before you do search engine optimization. Better said: it pays to spend twice as much time on planning than your stupid competitors ever will.
1) The more time you spend on doing keyword research, the more likely it is that you’ll find low competition keywords you can easily rank well for + the more of them you’ll find
2) The more time you spend on analyzing competitors, the more likely it is that you’ll find weaknesses you can exploit (so you can rank even more easily for low competition keywords)
3) The more time you spend on creating schedules for all important SEO activities (technical SEO, keyword research & optimization, linkbuilding, and social media), the more consistently you can do those activities and thus the more likely it is that you’ll get results
As you can see: the idiom “plan to fail if you fail to plan” is one to remember if you want to learn how to rank well.
Image source: inspiredmommiedesigns.blogspot.com
KEY insight: SEO is also about adjusting plans on the go if needed.
If you don’t have any high rankings at all, for example, then your plan is obviously not working and you need to adjust it after doing more research.
At the same time, you should go hard or go home when you’re consistently ranking well (go after keywords with more competition).
Step 2: SEO Plans SUCK Without Execution
As said before: search engine optimization is a system and if you don’t respect that, well, then you’re shit out of luck. I can almost hear you thinking right now: “But what does respecting the system mean?”
Here’s what it means:
1) Stick to your freaking schedule. If you’ve planned to put two new articles on your site a week to get high rankings for, then you need to do it no matter if you can’t hire someone else to do it, if you’re sick, if your internet connection breaks down or if the world ends. JUST DO IT. No bitching. No postponing. You’ll thank me for saying this later. Trust me.
2) Randomness is the enemy of getting results. Make sure all the SEO tasks you’ll do are of a consistent (and very high) quality. For example: don’t think you’ll get away with writing an article of 1,000 words this week and one of 100 next week. You won’t. Don’t think you’ll gain a lot by NOT going for a specific link with a specific link text when asking for links, doing guest blogs, creating internal links or using social media. You won’t. Always go all-in. Tens of thousands of visitors that have flocked to your high quality site will thank you for it.
3) If what you’re doing isn’t getting you the results you want, then aim for an even higher quality and do it more too. If what you’re doing IS getting you results, then… aim for an even higher quality and do it more too! Why? To get even better results. In short: never be satisfied with your results. Ever.
Step 3: You Must Scale, Or Else…
You’re circle jerking yourself. You’re doing for the sake of doing instead of for the sake of getting results. So, how the hell do you scale your results then?
Two things are CRUCIAL for ranking well on search engines by scaling SEO:
1) Sustainability: scaling SEO should equal scaling your revenue. Any attempt to do more SEO that does not directly or indirectly lead to more money is a BIG FAIL. Therefore, going after better rankings for ALL keywords is a waste of time while going after better rankings for the keywords that make you the most money is not.
On top of that, always look for ways to decrease the time and effort required for a SEO activity while keeping the quality constant so that you can do more in the same amount of time.
Most important of all: whatever you do, make sure you can do it consistently so that when you get results they’re consistent and not temporary.
2) Effort +1: if you do only 1 more small thing for SEO that your competitors don’t do on a daily basis, it’ll only be a matter of time before you beat them AND gain such an advantage that it’ll take years for them to catch up… if they ever will.
One More Thing About Dominating Search Engines…
In case you’re wondering at this point: “What makes you the expert?” Here’s what:
I scaled the SEO activities of my own site in such a way that traffic grew from 6,000 visitors a month to 73,000 visitors a month and it generated ten times as many sales… and I did it all in only 6 months. THAT’S what makes me an expert in scaling SEO.
Fun fact: I actually used the same search engine techniques that Wikipedia uses to get an insane 410 MILLION unique visitors a month in 2011! And if you want to learn what I learned about Wikipedia, then don’t hesitate to contact us now and let us use “Wikipedia SEO” FOR YOU and give you tons of first page rankings…
I hope you learned a TON about how to rank well on Google today and I highly recommend you start using my three step system for search engine domination right away.
You can learn some more hot tips by reading the article on our How to be first on Google page.
And stay tuned to the Motriz Marketing blog for more SEO awesomeness.
To More Traffic, More Conversions, And More Business,
P.S. Loved this? Then share it with (one of) the social buttons below or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!